10/24/2013

Thirsty Thursday: The Extra Dirty Martini



One of my favorite drinks is a Dirty Martini! Traditionally the Classic Martini is made with gin and vermouth and then topped off with a lemon twist or an olive. While I've never been a fan of gin or vermouth, an old friend of mine introduced me to the dirty martini some 
fifteen years ago. It's definitely an acquired taste and I must say that I've been hooked ever since. These drinks are terrific for serving at cocktail parties, girl's night out, etc... Here's a recipe I found courtesy of My Man's Belly! Enjoy!


Ingredients
Splash of Lillet
2 Ounces Vodka
3/4 – 1 Ounce Olive Brine (olive juice)
4 Olives

Instructions
Add the splash of Lillet to martini glass.
Swirl the Lillet around the glass then pour it out.
Add the vodka, olive brine and ice to a shaker.
Cover and shake until your hand is so cold you swear it’s going to fall off.
Strain drink into martini glass.
Spear olives and drop into side of drink.
Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment